Highway Superintendent is responsible for many things in the Town. All upkeep of Town roads. In the winter the plowing, brush cutting as well as in the summer blacktopping, ditching and mowing. Keeping roads safe is a priority. Maintaining all trucks and equipment of the highway department including the police department vehicles. Maintenance and upkeep of all Town buildings. Duties and training for underground bulk petroleum tank. This requires being licensed. Organizing the Spring/Fall clean up days. Maintain the two Town Parks and Howells Cemetery grounds. Park pavilion rentals are handled by the highway department. Responsible for keeping the parks mowed and clean for people to enjoy. Recycling program for electronics, waste oil, rechargeable batteries, and car batteries, used ink/toner cartridges and yard waste.
I look forward to serving you.
Notary Available from 10-2pm
- The Highway Department maintains approximately 80.5 lane miles of roadway.
- In the summer they make repairs, crack seal and resurface numerous roads throughout the Town.
- In the winter they make sure all our roads are clear and safe and trim back brush along roadways.
- They also maintain the Town grounds for various locations such as Town Building properties and the Park areas.
- The Highway Recycle Program includes: waste oil, engine, transmission.
- Accept small branch cuttings and lawn clipping as well as after the Holidays – Christmas trees.
Maintain the following roads:
Devans Gate Dr.
Dot Calm Dr.
Hawk Hill Circle
Highland Lake Rd.
Kelley Hill Rd.
Mill Pond Rd.
Mine Hill Rd.
Old Stage Rd.
Pierson Hill Rd.
Pine Grove Rd.
Shoddy Hollow Rd.
Tall Oaks Lane
Valley View Rd.
White Bridge Rd.
White Oak Rd.
Maintain the following Park areas:
- Mount Hope Town Park – Finchville Tpke.
- Shoddy Hollow Fishing Hole
- Mount Hope Historic Property
Maintain the following Town properties:
- Town Hall/Highway Garage
- Senior Center/Police Station/Town Courts
- Old Otisville School
- Howell’s cemetery
Trash Clean Up Days: Drop off at the Highway Garage
*Please note there is a $10.00 charge for each TV and computer monitor.
Spring: April 2018
April 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24,25,26,27, & 28
Fall: October 2018
October 3, 4, 5, 6 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13
Times: 8 am – 5 pm Saturday’s 8 am – 1 pm.
Hours of Operation:
Summer Hours –
Monday – Thursday – 6:00am – 4:30pm
Friday – 7:00am – 3:30pm
Winter Hours –
Monday – Friday – 7:00am – 3:30pm
The Town of Mount Hope operates on a Purchase Order/Voucher system to process payment.
The Town will not pay invoices that are not accompanied with a completed voucher.
The completed voucher should be mailed along with the invoice.