NOTE: CPUC Meeting #10 -cancelled. New date to be determined.
CPUC Meeting #10
When: 5:00 PM on Thursday, July 20th, 2017
Where: Town Hall
[Note: there will not be a Committee Meeting in June]
This is a working meeting of the committee. It is open to the public but it is not meant primarily to solicit public input. There will be, however, a specific place on the agenda for public comment.
Town of Mount Hope Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Update
The Town of Mount Hope has started the process of updating its 1991 Master Plan. A Town Master Plan, now more commonly referred to as a Comprehensive Plan, is an important policy document.
What is a Comprehensive Plan?
A Comprehensive Plan’s primary role is to establish the community’s vision for its future, to be directional about how to attain this vision, and to assign responsibilities for, and to prioritize, the specific actions that will be taken following completion of the plan. A Comprehensive Plan provides the venue for identifying:
The current state – take stock of the situation – What do you cherish? What are your issues/concerns about the future?
The desired state – what does the community want to be like in the future – what is its vision?
How does the community intend to get there?
According to state law, the plan may include a wide range of topics “at the level of detail adapted to the special requirements of the town…” Topics such as residential growth, economic development, land-use, infrastructure, and community character will be addressed in the Mount Hope Comprehensive Plan.
How does the Comprehensive Plan relate to zoning?
According to state law, “All land use regulations must be in accordance with a comprehensive plan adopted pursuant to this section.” Updating zoning and subdivision regulations is one of the most important tools communities in New York State have for ensuring that future growth contributes to achieving the community’s vision and goals described in the Plan. The Town of Mount Hope will revise its local land use regulations as needed to be consistent with the plan.
Comprehensive Plan Update Committee (CPUC)
The Town of Mount Hope has established an advisory committee to spearhead the Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Update. The committee will draft and eventually recommend the Comprehensive Plan and Zoning updates to the Town Board. The Town Board is ultimately responsible for deciding whether to adopt these documents. The Comprehensive Plan Update Committee consists of the following Town residents:
David Bavoso (Town Attorney) serves as an advisor to the committee. The Town has selected Barton & Loguidice, D.P.C. as its planning consultant for the project. Michael Welti, AICP from B&L’s Newburgh office is the firm’s Project Manager.
- CPUC Meeting #10 – 5:00 PM on Thursday, July 20th, 2017 at the Town Hall. [Note: there will not be a Committee Meeting in June] This is a working meeting of the committee. It is open to the public but it is not meant primarily to solicit public input. There will be, however, a specific place on the agenda for public comment.
- CPUC Meeting #9 – May 18, 2017 at Town Hall – Meeting notes to follow, please check back
- CPUC Meeting #8 – April 20, 2017 at Town Hall – CPUC Meeting Notes 4-20-2017
- CPUC Meeting #7 – March 22, 2017 at Town Hall – CPUC Meeting Notes 3-22-2017
- CPUC Meeting #6 – January 5, 2017 at Town Hall – CPUC Meeting Notes 1-5-2017
- Visioning Workshop – December 13, 2016 at the Community Center (7-11 Baker Street) – Meeting Notes 12-13-2016
- CPUC Meeting #5 – November 30, 2016 at Town Hall – Meeting Notes 11-30-2016
- CPUC Meeting #4 – October 27, 2016 at Town Hall
- CPUC Meeting #3 – September 29, 2016 at Town Hall
- Issues Identification Workshop – September 20, 2016 at the Community Center (7-11 Baker Street) — Meeting Notes
- CPUC Meeting #2 – July 21, 2016 at Town Hall — Meeting Notes 7-21-2016
- CPUC Meeting #1 – June 9, 2016 at Town Hall — Meeting Notes 6-9-2016
To send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Comprehensive Plan Update Committee (CPUC) –
Comprehensive Plan Update Committee
Town of Mount Hope
1706 Route 211W
New York 10963
By email – CPUC@townofmounthope.org[no_toc]